20 years - from Lausanne to Tokyo

It was on a Wednesday, November 1st 1995 when I joined L'Oreal, I can't believe that already 20 years have passed. I still remember the excitement of the recruitment interviews that led to the decision to join the group. I still see myself sitting in front of the General Manager, who was smoking, staring at me, leaving the interview to his chief of staff and only asking two questions, one being: "What do you want to achieve in the group?", to which I answered "I want your job someday!".

Pont Béssière - under the bridge arch
you can actually see the office building!
I still see myself looking out of the train window on my way to the "romandie" with a suitcase for the first weeks of inhouse discovery. I recall the hotel on the opposite side of Pont Béssière, with the products that I was offered the first day (Armani Eau pour Homme) laid out in the bathroom. That day began a long journey that still continues today.

Tokyo Tower
I still remember sitting in a café in Paris on my first official business trip thinking about how lucky I was to have a job that sends me to one of the most beautiful cities of the world and being paid for it.

Now 20 years later I passed through 8 jobs in 6 different countries, half of these years accompanied by my husband whithout whom this all wouldn't have happened. I met so many amazing people along the way, many of whom I call my friends today. I worked an all the amazing brands within our portfolio and am still as passionate about them as on my first day.

Who knows what will happen the next 20 years... I already made it to the level of my former boss' job, so who knows!

Comments