Born 2012

Today I had a visit of a seven weeks old baby girl that came into my office carried by her mother, who is part of my team. Appart from the fact of an incredible peace and tranquility the girl expressed I had a sudden question of what it means to be born in 2012. For the first time I suddenly realized that a big part of her future and mine will not overlap and not because our paths are different but simply because I will be gone long before she does.

And get me right, I am not afraid of dying. I truly see in death the final moment of rest, where everything just falls off your shoulders and you can embrace eternity. What gets me is the curiosity of all the things I won't be able to see anymore. What will be at the turn of the 22nd century when she will be 88? Will we be flying into space? Finally have destroyed or saved our planet? How many people will live on earth and elsewhere? Will we travel time?

I wonder...she will see!

Comments

  1. You touched my heart with these words... :)
    Greetings,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment